> FREE Marketing Tips >
Websites that Sell
How to Get More Performance
From Your Website
Your 10 Step Checklist To A Website That Sells
In this article, I cover the following:
An Opportunity Awaits You
This may sound like hyperbole ("hype"), but I'm going
to say it anyway... We are living in a time of great opportunity.
Right now the Internet is revolutionizing the way the world communicates
and conducts business. Currently the technology of the Internet
is relatively inexpensive and your barriers to entry into this
lucrative business arena are low.
This window of opportunity will not stay open for you very long.
In just a few short years these barriers may grow larger as the
technology gets more complex and expensive. The few who "stake
their claim" on the World Wide Web now will be the benefactors
to this great opportunity.
Now is the time for you to take advantage of this tremendous
opportunity and start using the Web to begin selling online now!
What Your Website Can Do For You
Your Website is the key to your success online. You can use your
Website to increase sales, capture new markets, slash costs, and
The Internet is the fastest growing communications and commerce
medium in the world. It does not matter what business you are
in, you need to be a part of this community. Millions of potential
customers are on the Internet. Your competition is also on the
Internet and they are selling or will be selling to your market
By establishing your own identity through a Website, you have
the opportunity to beat nearly all of your global competitors
to the starting line. Being first has enormous value.
Extend Your Marketing Reach:
Having a presence on the Internet automatically extends your
reach into the global economy since people from all over the world
will find your site.
Increase Your Sales:
Nearly all the people visiting your Web page will find it by
searching the search engines for information about your product
or service. This means that a high percentage of your visitors
represent very qualified prospects. They have clicked to your
Website because they are interested in what you are offering.
This means that if you build a Website That Sells, you'll dramatically
increase your sales. This may seem overly simple, but the techniques
Using the Internet to communicate and market your products reduces
your long distance charges, printing costs, postage costs and
Improve Customer Service:
Answer your customer's most frequently asked questions (FAQ)
electronically with your Website and e-mail instead of wasting
time on the phone.
The Key to Building a Website That Sells
Only a small percentage of Websites on the Internet sell, about
1%. This means that 99% do not sell. Is your Website in the 99%
category that don't sell? Would you like to join the 1% of people
who have found out the secrets of how to build a Website That
Then read this:
The key to building a Website That Sells is to use methods of...
Direct Response Marketing
Why should you use direct response marketing techniques?
Because, the Internet is a direct response medium. Generally,
when people "surf" the Net they are looking for information.
They go to a search engine, type in a couple keywords, visit a
site that pops up in the search, and move on to the next one.
You need to "grab" them on their first
visit your site you'll most likely never get a second chance.
Get them to respond if they're interested.
Emphasize the use of information to sell - not image. Words
sell, pictures and flashy Web technology do
not sell! (Although, if you use them correctly, they’ll
increase your sales as well.)
Write your sales copy with your target customer in mind and
communicate the benefits of your product,
not just features.
Get your visitors to respond by either buying
or granting you permission to educate
them about your product for future purchases.
Use primary responses & secondary or
A primary response is usually a purchase of your product.
For every 1 person who delivers your primary response (buys),
there are at least 10 who almost bought. Develop ways to move
these “almost buyers” (the ones who didn't buy)
closer to the sale. [More about this later.]
- Be sure that everything you do with your site is geared towards
achieving one thing -- increasing your sales.
10 Steps To A Site That Sells
Here is a condensed checklist used to build a Website that sells:
STEP 1) Plan and Prepare To Win
- Know the nature of your product(s).
- Is your product appropriate for Web sales?
- Write the top 5-10 features & benefits for each product.
- Study your target market.
- Who exactly is your customer?
- What are his or her needs, wants and worries?
- Establish the goals of your Website.
- What are the goals for your site besides getting a primary
or secondary response? (customer service, etc.)
STEP 2) Establish Your "Primary Response"
- Establish your primary response for each product/service (Buy).
- How do you want the prospect to deliver the primary response
(Call an 800 number, secure order form, fax, free consultation,
- Make a step-by-step outline of how your customer makes a decision
- How could this process get derailed?
- What must you do online to get the SALE or PRIMARY RESPONSE?
STEP 3) Establish your "Secondary Response"
- For each person who delivers the primary response, 10 didn't!
- Develop at least 1 secondary (back-up) response.
STEP 4) Design & Usability
- Settle on the look and feel of your site. What colors does
your customer like: warm (reds/yellows) or cool (blues/greens)?
- Design your home page.
- Develop the navigational organization of the site.
- Lay out your pathways to each PRIMARY RESPONSE.
STEP 5) Write your Headline & Opening Paragraph
- Fire your biggest GUN -> your Ultimate Strategic Position
- Write down other important benefits.
STEP 6) Write the PATH to the SALE or PRIMARY RESPONSE
- Write your opening page -> finish with an arrow to the
- Write your next 2-4 pages that lead to the PRIMARY RESPONSE
CLOSER PAGE.Design and build your Website's critical pages:
- All Headlines
- Your product's features and benefits
- A "Rock Solid" Guarantee
- Create an IRRESISTIBLE OFFER & CALL TO ACTION
- Create your BONUS OFFER
STEP 7) Edit & Rewrite
- Reread and rewrite the opening page to make it better.
STEP 8) TEST
- Get 5 people (preferrably newbies) to give you honest feedback.
STEP 9) SHOWTIME!
- Submit to a couple search engines to gain LOW traffic See
what people are doing and TEST!!! Then TEST again and again.
STEP 10) Build Targeted Traffic...
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Build your "foundation" of traffic by submitting
your Website to the Top 100 Directories and Search Engines.
- Advertising on the Pay-Per-Click Search Engines (PPCSEs) like
Overture.com and Google Adwords.
- E-Mail Marketing (Newsletter/Opt-In).
- Have others sell your product with your own Affiliate Program.
- Have your sales team use your Website as a presentation tool.
- Publicity in the media.
- Direct response advertising.
[STEP 11] Continually TEST and Improve Your Site
- I added this extra step since it is critical to constantly
test new ideas and techniques to improve your Website's sales.
This will continually increase your profits and keep you ahead
of the competition.
Call 541-280-3363 or Sign Up For Your Free Consultation.
Learn how you can get more results from your current marketing
budget. Optimize your web site to and increase your leads, sales, referrals,
and profits. Click Here For More
For more information about Interactive Marketing and the web
site traffic building and conversion rate optimization
services we offer, call us at 541.280.3363
or fill out our form for a FREE consultation.
website optimization services | ways we can help
you | free
consultation | free marketing
success stories | faqs
| about us | resources
| site map | contact
us | newsletter
19565 Buck Canyon Road Bend, Oregon 97702
Copyright ©2002-2017 Interactive Marketing,
Inc. All rights reserved.